Are you preparing for the Halloween celebration sans the pandemic? You can start decorating your front lawn with skeleton topiaries. Here’s how you do it.
What you need:
- Potted plant
- Plastic skeleton (you can buy this online)
- Faux Vines
- Disassemble the plastic skeleton. Take everything out until you only have the shoulder scapula, spine, and ribcage. If it’s not detachable, you may need to saw these apart.
- Make a small hole in your potted plant. You can use gardening tools or do it with your bare hands. Do it in a spot close to the pot’s edge to avoid hitting the plant’s roots.
- Insert the skeleton spine in the hole. Secure the base with some soil and pat it to make the attachment more compact. Ensure that it’s standing upright and not leaning forward or backward.
- Decorate the skeleton with faux vines or greenery. You can get some at home depots or thrift stores. You can opt to have flowers as well. Attach the end of the vine to the base and wind them upwards. Make them look like they’re sprouting out from the skeleton.